Thursday, July 19, 2012

My 30th

I'm 30.  I turned the BIG 3-0 at home with my husband....it was just what I wanted.  He got me beautiful hydrogen atom earrings (as seen in the Watchmen) and made a delicious strawberry cake with butter cream frosting, from scratch! It was perfect!





I also wanted to celebrate turning 30 surrounded by my Marist friends and family. So a party was thrown!  I spent the night talking with people I hadn't seen in months and it was lovely.  I <3 my Maristers+.



I haven't had a birthday party since I turned 16 as I dislike the attention and also, something always seems to go wrong.  I thought, however, I needed some *celebration* in my life.  I needed laughter and smiles and good friends.  That's exactly what I got.






Caption:
"Joey: Okay, buddy-boy. Here it is: You hide my clothes, I'm wearing everything you own.
Chandler: Oh my God! That is so not the opposite of taking somebody's underwear!
Joey: Look at me - I'm Chandler! Could I *be* wearing any more clothes? Maybe if I wasn't going commando!
Chandler: Ugh UGH!
Joey: Phew! I tell you, it's hot with all this stuff on. I better not do any - you know - lunges!"

 I also got a great surprise: my sister, my brother-in-law, my niece and nephew all surprised me by making an appearance.  They weren't supposed to be back from their vacation from Florida, but they came back and surprised the crap out of me.  It was amazing!




and of course there were shenanigans!





So, a HUGE thanks to my Mom & Dad for throwing the bash!! A HUGE thank you to the friends and family there!

Now to plan the next celebration with my work and law school crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment