Monday, July 23, 2012

JCCC3: Gettin' my flippy-floppies ready

The first thing that popped into my head today was this: I cannot wait to go on vacation. In February. on JCCC3. Nerds rejoice!

We will be sailing on the Freedom of the Seas to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.  



Last year's cruise was phenomenal and we met the greatest people.  So excited to see them on JCCC3!! Table for 6, anyone??

Our shipboard activities include the following:
  • Q&A session with Jonathan and the other performers
  • Dedicated, 24-hour tabletop gaming space and info center for competing, scrabbling, delving, magicking and gathering, Analog Tweeting, and a central hub for information/planning (with wipeboards and pens and stuff!) What’s more, this year’s shipboard Conference Center is more than twice as large as last year’s!
  • The return of JoCo Karaoke and NoCo Karaoke (a.k.a. Karaoke Regular)
  • Movie Night Strikes Back: Movie Harder
  • 3rd Annual Paul F. Tompkins Memorial Moustache Formal and Fezstravaganza: an evening of formal wear (optional but recommended), fezzes (optional but recommended) and moustaches (optional; provided)
  • A Dance with Daquiris: A Song of Ice and Alcohol shove-off complimentary cocktail hour for EVERYONE
  • Trilogies Always End Poorly farewell complimentary cocktail hour for EVERYONE

The entertainment that has been booked so far includes:

Personally, I can't wait till we get to the Bahamas and I can get off the boat, get handed a towel, and relax on the beach. :o) 

I'd also like to at least get on one excursion this trip.  I've picked this one:

If this looks interesting to you, you should come! It's really the best time, especially for the Geek- Adjacent Wife.  Maybe I'll get to fist bump Wil Wheaton again! 

That reminds me: I've got to get to work on my fez....

 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of doing a fancy top hat instead of a fez...is that douche of me?
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/103639264/copper-steampunk-mini-top-hat-bride?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I had the same thought...http://www.etsy.com/listing/55074623/woman-steampunk-hat-victorian-ready-to?ref=sr_gallery_32&ga_search_query=steampunk+hat&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all

      Delete