Monday, September 24, 2012

Greetings Traveller!

As you might have recently seen on my fb wall, I've lost my husband, yet again, to Borderlands 2.  I remember losing him to the first Borderlands but I also remember being a bit intrigued by the game, that doesn't happen very often.

The world created in the game, Pandora, was unique, the characters were intriguing, and I wasn't completely pissed off when it was on my tv.  So far, A++.  In Borderlands 2, Pandora seems more alive.  There are more people, more places and it isn't do desolate.

Per the Borderlands 2 website, Borderlands 2 follows the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation.   Players will fight across the whole of Pandora to stop Jack from awakening an ancient alien evil known only as "the Warrior." Their quest will bring them into contact with some familiar faces from the old game – most notably, the original four Vault Hunters: Roland, Lilith, Brick and Mordecai. They, along with some brand new characters, will help players defeat Jack, destroy the Warrior, and save Pandora.

Borderlands 2 doesn't appear to recreate the original game but make the weak parts better.  How would I know this, you ask?  Well, my husband doesn't appear to run his commando off cliffs or into mountains as much.  I've also noticed he's not running through the game as he normally would.  He's taking the time to stop and explore....which means my tv is occupied for longer by this game, unfortunately.

The multi-player seems to be the best part of the game though.  My husband and his friends seem to get sucked in for hours riding in their nuke launching commandos and heading into battle with ridiculous weapons.   I also hear and (somehow) laugh at a lot of what Claptrap has to say.

All in all, I don't hate it and it makes my husband laugh like a little girl... so it's awesome!

You should check out their web-site here.

No comments:

Post a Comment