Thursday, September 20, 2012

Renaissance Faire

Last Saturday Paul and I got to watch Luke and Cecelia and we decided to head to the NY Renaissance Faire. My sister and Brother-in-Law introduced me to the Faire when I was in high school and I loved it.  I even dressed up!  The people were great, the shows were fun, and who doesn't like snacking on a turkey leg!

So, even though the kids had already been we decided to go back as Paul had never been the Faire in NY.  We had gone to King Richard's Faire a number of years ago and honestly, I wan't too impressed.  Having been to the NY one, my expectations were set fairly high.  Needless to say, I was disappointed.  The shops weren't great, the entertainment seemed kinda dull and the food was meh.  With that in mind, I just knew Paul would have a blast.  He wasn't disappointed.

We ladies started out by getting new head garlands as the boys had already donned their kilts and capes.

We walked around and saw all the wears for sale, we even tried on some hats.
Meet Samurai Jack

Finally, we started getting to the interesting and truly renaissance faire - St. George's Dragon Orphanage.  Although Luke and Celia wanted one, our rule was they could get anything that wouldn't hurt/maim people and wasn't alive.  They were not please by this limitation.



There was awesome photobombing to be had at the knife throwers show:


All in all we had a really great day.  We walked around for over 5 hours and not once were we bored.  Then it was off to Bartaco for a ridiculous dinner and then finally, we all got to collapse at home with Monty and Sparky.  There may have even been some magic played. Huzzah!

1 comment:

  1. See, you're going to the wrong NY Ren Faire, that's why you're disappointed.

    www.sterlingfestival.com

    ;)

    ReplyDelete