Monday, March 19, 2012

Nerd Girl Problems

Since my insomnia kicked in full force last night, I was relegated downstairs to the couch so as not to disturb the sleepy Beauty husband of mine. As reading didn't help and the TV just made my mind spin faster, I flipped open the Mac book and started stumbling** across the Internet. I found a "Sunshine in a Jar" recipe for tied died vanilla cake in small mason jars. I came across funny pictures of animals, the stupidest HP tattoos out there, and guidance on how to successfully climb Mt. Everest. All in all, these innocuous sites helped my brain start to slow. I thought I'd hit stumble one last time before bed when I came upon this glorious site:

Kismet, I say.

It's wonderful to see girls like me exist! AND they have the same thoughts I do re: reading, characters, friends...

Needless to say, it wasn't my insomnia that kept me up for the 45 minutes, it was these witty posts. Here are the few that I enjoyed the most:




(This one has gotten me in trouble on many occasion)

post on fellow nerd girls!!! Here's hoping I don't get weird looks when I mutter "nerd girl problems" under my breath at work, etc.



**I refer to the Mozilla toolbar button that, once it knows your likes and dislikes, will take you to pages around the web you've never been before. Get it.

1 comment:

  1. Let the record be set straight: this is the anchor website for Nerd Girl Problems:

    http://justnerdgirlproblems.tumblr.com/

    I inadvertently cited a web address just ripping off on the above.

    ReplyDelete