Monday, March 12, 2012

Vintage Soul

One of the best compliments I've ever received was being told I have a vintage soul.

I never really thought if myself as "vintage" per se, I just thought I had odd taste when it came to music, jewelry,shoes, clothes......ok, that person was totally right! I am vintage!

I've said on several occasions how I thought I was born in the wrong decade. I love the Beatles, Peter Paul and Mary, and of course Simon and Garfunkel. I'd honestly give my right hand to have been in attendance at their last concert in 1981 at Central Park. I would also kill to see The Beatles rock Shea Stadium or Boudakian.

I, hands down, would've kicked ass as a protester in the '60s. I would've loved to have seen Martin Luther King deliver his I Have a Dream speech.

I don't mean to say that I don't like modern things or music, I just prefer some classic styles. I believe in the idea that everyone has the right to certain liberties and inalienable rights, both ideas which were born in that era.

No comments:

Post a Comment